Saturday, October 14, 2006

Space's Introduction and The Gyro Car



My name is Dayton Spacey. My friends say that I am a space cadet and call me “Space” for short. I am originally from Providence City but now reside in a place called Satellite City wherein I attend the academy for engineering and technology education. I am in the accelerated learning program. After being recruited by Mr. Six, I left my old school and now have to commute to Satellite City by ETS (Elevated Transit System) everyday. Satellite City is a technologically advanced metropolis that was designed to run on an alternative energy source known as "Living Water". To power its transportation systems, the city also relies on other forms of energy such as solar, wind, fuel cells, etc. I am very fortunate to live in such a place because I am surrounded by technological wonders and am constantly learning new things about engineering and technology.

I like to build things and tinker with mechanical devices. My parents could not afford to buy me a lot of toys while I was growing up so my father would salvage old parts and mechanical objects from his job, such as electric tools, valves, motors, computer parts, to take apart and put back together again. He would also make me draw each part and describe what it did. This is how I developed my mechanical skills and love for machines. In Satellite City, the transportation system is very sophisticated and contains a lot of different methods of getting around, such as monorails, air powered vehicles, and magnetic levitation vehicles. One of my favorite vehicles is the gyro car.

The Gyro Car

The gyro car is a vehicle that resembles a conventional automobile but it only has two wheels. You might be wondering how a car can balance on just two wheels? Well, I used to wonder the same thing until I started to ask questions and explore gyroscopic forces to help me understand how this fascinating vehicle works. Mr. Six has been helping me design and construct my own control moment gyroscope using the design and prototype lab at the Academy. He says that I need to learn the principles of circular motion before I can fully understand how gyroscopes work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home